Taking Safety at Sea to the Next Level
McAllister Mills leverages 30 years of expertise driving innovation
Unlike most manufacturers of Passive Fire Protection systems, McAllister Mills is a vertically integrated manufacturer converting high temperature fibers into our own innovative products which enables us to rapidly design, fabricate and deliver the most technologically advanced economical passive fire systems for marine applications. Our technical experts are always available to support your design and field personnel through all phases of the project.
Fire Protection for High Pressure Mist Systems and Other Metallic Pipes
ALVEX PF Systems are designed to protect Fire Spray System Piping and Tubing per the latest SOLAS regulation II-2/21 and II-2/22. ALVEX PF is totally inorganic, flexible, high-temperature insulation specifically designed to provide passive fire protection for marine applications. ALVEX PF chemistry is designed to enhance biosolubility.as well as provide superior fire resistance. ALVEX PF provides high tensile strength, flexibility and superior thermal and acoustical properties. ALVEX PF is chemically stable and its thermal properties are unaffected after exposure to water immersion or high humidity. ALVEX PF is lightweight and easy to install.
- Complies with the latest SOLAS Regulation II-2/21 & II-2/22
- Meets A60 fire test as per IMO FTP Code Fire Test Requirements; Res.A.754(18)
- Classification Temperature 1100ºC
- Structural Insulation – Fire Protection for bulkheads and decks
- Significant weight savings versus mineral wool systems
- Flexible blanket is easy to cut and install
Areas of Protection by ALVEX PF
- Water mist pipes
- Propulsion system steel pipes
- Navigational systems metal pipes and cables
- Internal and external communications pipes and cables
- Fixed fire-fighting system pipes
- Bilge and ballast pipes
- Water tight doors activation cables and conduits
Alvex PF Details
Standard Product Dimensions*
|Product Code||Pipe Size|
* Other sizes available
Please contact us with your special requirements
Latest Alvex PF Updates
After months of rigorous testing by independent laboratories, Alvex-PF has received Lloyd’s Register Certificate of Fire Approval for A-60 rating.
This certification means that Alvex-PF complies with the latest SOLAS Regulation I...
ALVEX-PF is set for final Fire Testing the end of May 2011 to IMO and USCG standards. Application to Lloyds is complete, they await final testing for approval. Final testing and certifications are expected by early Summer....